The campaign headquarters of Houston mayoral candidate Tony Buzbee suffered a break in Thursday, according to campaign spokeswoman Mary Harmon.
“This is not the kind of news that I want to wake up to in the morning,” said Buzbee in a statement. “But it just confirms that my campaign continues to gain momentum and we are on the right track. This will not deter us. We will continue to shine a light brightly on the shadowy side of our local government. We will continue full speed ahead.”
The campaign says it occurred sometime between 9 p.m. Wednesday evening and 9 a.m. Thursday morning when campaign staff arrived at the headquarters located on near Greenbriar Drive and Highway 59.
At the time of the press release, the campaign couldn’t say whether anything had been stolen from the location, but after conducting a preliminary investigation, the Houston Police Department released a statement saying they “cannot confirm this was a burglary or burglary attempt. The preliminary investigation indicates the door did not appear to be forced or pried open.”